petro path respects your privacy. petro path and its affiliates ("Petro Path” or the “Company”) offer mapping, GPS navigation and community based services to users of www.petropath.com (the " Website ") and/or users of Petro Path's mobile application (the " Application ") (collectively referred to as the “Services").
● the information that Petro Path collects from users;
● how that information is used by Petro Path; and
● the rights and options available to users.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not download or use the Application.
Contact Petro Path / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact Petro Path at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may send Petro Path other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at email@example.com .
Information that is being collected
The categories of information collected by petro path will include all or just some of the following, depending on how you choose to use the Services.
Whenever you use the Services, Petro Path will collect:-
● detailed location and route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. petro path uses this location and route information to create a detailed location history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Application; and
● information about your use of the Services. See “Meta-data that we collect”, below;
If you choose to use the Services in a manner detailed below, Petro Path may also collect:-
● information that you choose to share with Petro Path, including a username you have chosen, reports associated with your username, “home” or “work”, other “favorites”, destinations you may travel to, chat messages, search queries, calendar information . In addition, if you choose to opt in to the ‘share’ feature Petro Path will collect:
- periodically, all of the phone numbers which are stored on your device’s phone book . We only collect numbers in a form which is anonymous to Petro Path, we will not collect names, addresses or other information from your device's phone book. This information will be used as part of the ‘share’ feature to help find and create a list of other Petro Path users who you may know and with whom you may wish to connect; and/ or
- your phone number. Your phone number will be used to verify your account and as part of the ‘find friends’ feature to help find and create a list of other Petro Path users who you may know and with whom you may wish to connect.
● information required when setting up a username you have chosen, such as your name and gender. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may impair petro path’s ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. petro path will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to set up a username; and/ or
● information shared from your social network accounts. See “Integration with social networks”, below.
In order to access certain features of the Services (for example, favorites, history), you will need to set up a username.
If you do set up a Petro Path username and password in the Application:-
● petro path will link all of your information with your Account and that username. This includes information received from all mobile devices running the Application on which you have chosen to sign in using your username and password;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account will be visible only to Petro Path; and
● when using the Application, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with that username.
If you do not set up a Petro Path username and password in the Application (by skipping the username setup stage of the application installation process):-
● petro path will still link all of your information with your Account and a unique identifier generated by Petro Path;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account (including your unique identifier) will be visible only to Petro Path; and
● when using the Application, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with the username “user”.
Uses of information
petro path may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
● to provide you with the Services. For example, Petro Path may:-
- use your location and route information to provide navigation services and to provide information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your close vicinity; and
- (if you have opted in to the ‘share’ feature), use your phone number and the phone numbers which are stored in your device’s phone book to find and create a list of other Petro Path users who you may know and with whom you may wish to connect.
● to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services. For example, Petro Path may use your “home” and “work” information or location history to offer routes based on how you’ve chosen to travel between favorite destinations in the past;
● to improve the experience of other users. For example, Petro Path may use your route information to improve the accuracy of its mapping and navigation data;
● to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
● to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
● to create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does Petro Path use aggregated information”, below;
● to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
● to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, Petro Path and other users;
● to contact you when Petro Path believes it to be necessary;
● to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Petro Path has a good faith belief that Petro Path’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
● to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
● to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
● to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
You may also provide additional information that will be used to personalize the Services and enhance your experience with the Services. For example, if you provide us with your "home" and "work" information, we may provide you with what we think is the shortest route between those locations.
Further information may be collected when petro path exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact Petro Path's support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
The Services are based on a community of users publicly sharing information with Petro Path and with other members of that community.
In particular, users choose to share personal information such as name, age, gender, picture, their location information and reports. This information may be shared either directly to the Service and to all users, such as in the case of traffic reports, or just to your friends on petro path via the ‘share’ feature . This information may also be shared via third party services (such as social networks) which interact with the Service upon such users' choice.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with other personal information. Certain road incidents you report may include your driving path within the vicinity of those incidents. Therefore, you must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means other than the Internet and cellular services.
You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services. However any content that you submit for posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by Petro Path.
In any event (but except as detailed below with respect to information shared from your social network accounts according to your privacy settings for such social network accounts), your email address will not be visible to others through any reports or user posts that you share or upload.
We, at Petro Path, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Service. However, Petro Path has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using Petro Path, is entirely at your own risk. petro path is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share information between your Account and your social network account (such as Facebook). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Petro Path, including your location and route information, transmitted to and shared through your social network account.
When you connect to the social network account through the Services for the first time or otherwise make the Services interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Services. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly we only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, list of friends, profile picture, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network). You understand that the Services may access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your Account. For example, petro path may allow you to share your location with your Facebook friends, via the Application.
Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on your third party social network accounts may become public to other Petro Path Users through the Services if you have defined such information to be public on the Services. For example, if you designate your social network username as "private" in your social network account (to the extent possible under said settings), but have elected to set your petro path account settings as public, then the username will become public on the petro path service.
Meta-data that we collect
petro path collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Petro Path may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
Accessing the Services
In order to access certain features of the Services (for example, favorites, history), you will need to set up a username.
petro path may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your log-in details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your log-in details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
Sharing information with others
petro path does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
petro path will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Petro Path 's good-faith discretion:
● as necessary for the operation of the Services. For example, making public road incidents you report and which are associated with your username and your location;
● If Petro Path is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
● In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Petro Path, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
● In any case where Petro Path reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
● For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A and the European Union.
● To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Petro Path, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
Controlling your personal information
If you would like us to delete your Account, your username (if you have set one up) and your personal information, contact petro path at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On receiving such a request, Petro Path will use reasonable efforts to delete such information, however please note we may not delete information immediately from our back-up systems.
If you choose to set up a username, you can view your route history via the “History” function on the Petro Path website.
Your location and route history is associated with your Account and (if you have chosen to set one up) your username or (if you have chosen not to set up a username) the unique identifier generated by petro path.
If you find that the information associated with your Account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from setting up a username and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
How does Petro Path use aggregated information?
Petro Path may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
petro path may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services' providers, partners and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to block the Website's cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
petro path may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services. The advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be geographically or contextually targeted.
The Service includes an internal messaging system which provides you the ability to send and receive messages to and from other users, and to receive marketing messages from us. You hereby agree that we may use the internal messaging system for the purpose of informing you regarding products or services, which may interest you and to send to you advertisements and other marketing material. You further consent that Petro Path may send such information to the e-mail address you have provided. The foregoing consent constitutes consent to transmission of advertisements by Petro Path, as described, according to any applicable law.
Please note however that other Petro Path users are not allowed to use your contact details or our internal messaging account for commercial advertising purposes. If you have encountered any user generated advertising material, please inform us through the channels listed on the "Contact Us" menu in the Software or through the "Contact Us" page on the Site (web address: www.petropath.com/contact.html). petro path does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with any user's advertising material.
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
petro path considers information security to be a top priority. petro path implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Petro Path takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Petro Path cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Petro Path’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last modified: 1 st March 2016